Thursday, December 4, 2008

Follow Up on the Funk

Hee, hee, the title of this blog made me giggle!

Anyway, I started taking my lower dose of DHEA last night and I actually slept through until my alarm went off this morning. I don't remember the last time that happened! I did wake up around 2:00 and went in to make sure Tanner was covered up. I'm telling you, that girl cracks me up! She was sitting Indian Style, but then laid over with her face on the bed. Steve calls this her "drunken Indian" sleeping pose. I woke her up enough to get her to lay back on her pillow, covered her up and then went back to bed myself. I was sound asleep when the alarm went off and it really scared me! It's been awhile since I've heard that thing!

Yesterday we had another Christmas party committee meeting. I haven't blogged about this much because well...I just haven't. I'm a planner. I love to plan things and I love being part of a team. I thought the CPC (Christmas party committee) would be a fun thing. While it's been fun at times, it's also been very stressful. There are 15 very different personalities on the committee and those personalities don't always get along. It's been an experience, that's for sure, and like I said, parts have been fun. I've enjoyed being able to earn comp time (I'll have enough, I think to be able to take 2 weeks off at Christmas!) and I've enjoyed working alongside people that I don't normally get to work with. BUT, I will be SO GLAD when it's all over. Being on the CPC has caused more stress than it's worth, I think. I know that's been part of my funk lately. The head of the committee and I talked last night about things and like we both said, at this point, we just have to do the best we can roll with it. I'm going to try and maintain that attitude until next Saturday when this thing is over. The party will be fine-it's not going to be perfect-but it will be fine and all will be well. Who knows, by time it's over, I may have a change of heart and think all the stress was worth it.

Last night I made four loaves of Amish Friendship bread. Yummy! My mom gave me a starter over Thanksgiving. (And get this-one of the starters I'm giving away is to one of the guys at Steve's office-how funny is that!) I'm making double batches of it in order to have enough to give away for Christmas. My mom has always made cookies or bread for neighbors and co-workers at Christmas time. I've carried on this tradition and in the past have made three or four different kinds of bread to give away. I think this year I'm just going to do the Friendship bread and then make some pumpkin bread. I love baking-it's a stress reliever for me.

Weird thing happened last night. Actually, I think it was a God thing. Tanner had a field trip last night with her Honor Choir group. I went to pick her up at the church at 6:30 like the permission slip said. Well, they didn't get out until 7:30 so I had lots of time to sit and wait. I had taken the Christmas letter we got in the mail to read and pass the time with. The letter was 17 pages (can you believe that!) and was from two sisters (who are both in their 50's and live together) who taught my 2-3 year old Sunday School class when I was a kid. So I'm reading along, catching up in a month to month fashion, with the Hammon sisters. As I near the month of August, I know full well that they are going to mention Matt's wreck and the passing of my Grandparents. The song "Praise You In This Storm" by Mercy Me came on just as I started reading about Matt and about Gma and Gpa. Don't know if you remember the post or not, but that's the song that I listened to constantly during those stressful months. As soon as the song started playing, I didn't think too much about it until I realized that it was at the same time I started reading about Matt and Gma and Gpa. Yea, I cried like a baby reading those paragraphs with that song playing on the radio in the background. I felt like God was reassuring me that it's ok and that He's still in control. Almost as if God was giving me a hug or something. May sound weird to some people, but I know that God was talking to me at that very moment.

I guess I've rambled enough this morning. Tanner should be getting up anytime now and my day will officially begin. I'm ready for the day to hurry up and get over (is that bad, since it's only 6:15!?) with. I've been growing my hair out and haven't highlighted it in ages. I've wanted to see what my true hair color looks like these days. Well, the highlights are about halfway out. My hairdresser is going to put color on my ends so that it will look as if my hair is all one color again. I can't wait to see what it looks like! My hair is a lot darker now than what it was five years ago when I started highlighting it. I'm anxious to see what I look like now with dark hair! It's the small things in life that make me happy, what can I say!?

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Annette said...

So good to just catch up with where you're at. Sleep, it is amazing how it affects your mood! I hope you continue to sleep well and stay out of that funk! :)