Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Party

The Springdale Police Department 2008 Christmas Party is officially in the books. Can I just say a big PRAISE GOD!

I was exhausted when I got home from the pancake breakfast. I was tired and grumpy and couldn't even really tell you why I felt so on edge. I think it was a combination of being on such a high from the breakfast, yet dreading the party coming up. I shut myself in our bedroom and told Steve and Tanner that I was going to lay in there for two hours and try to regroup. I believe Steve's response was "good, you're grouchy." Gotta love a man who tells it like it is!

I had to be at the party by 5:00 to finish up any last minute details. The party was held at the Springdale Country Club and it was beautifully decorated. The party isn't formal, but it's considered a "dressy" event. Everyone looked so nice all dressed up in their Sunday best. We had a photographer on hand taking pictures and then Santa also made an appearance for the kids. The slide show was funny and neat to see. And the food was pretty good as well.

All in all, it really was a good night and I think people enjoyed themselves. It wasn't nearly as crowded as we thought it was going to be, so that was nice. Everyone seemed to enjoy the prizes that were given out along with the slide show that was playing during the party. It was nice to see some of the retired guys and their families.

Though the party was fun, there was a sad feeling in the air as well. We have not only Chastain sick, but also Laney (one of our Captains) and then the Chief's mom who are all also battling cancer. The Chief just found out about her Mom on Wednesday so she left town and went home to Indiana to be with her. Laney has been battling cancer for about a year and a half and is currently in the hospital and was unable to attend. I thought it was neat though because they put "tributes" to each of the three in the sideshow. There was also a tribute to two of our officers who are serving in the military right now.

When it was all over and done with, we were all ready to get out of there! Our feet hurt and we were all dead tired! Thankfully the Country Club staff cleans up and all we have to do is leave. What a deal, huh!?

Though being on the committee was stressful at times, it was fun being apart of. It was neat to see everything come together last night and see the fruit of our hard labor. I'm so thankful it's over though and we can now relax and enjoy the remainder of the Christmas season.

PRAISE GOD!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hooray! I'm so glad it was a success and that it is finally over! I know it was a huge stresser for you! :)