Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm tired tonight and my body is beginning to ache. BUT...

I'm laying in bed next to my honey, sipping a mug of Chai tea, and just chilling out. Even though it is 10:24pm, it's still relaxing. Will I pay for it when the alarm goes off at 5:00 in the morning? You bet. But will it have been worth it? You bet!

I will say this............................................I got Steve the BEST, ok, well maybe not the BEST BEST, but it's still a darn good birthday gift today and I'm so stinking excited! I think he will really like it. I wish I could tell you now what it is (I'm so not good at keeping secrets) but he reads this blog, so you'll have to wait until Saturday when he gets it. Have I mentioned I'm excited about it?

Just a quick update on Matt and Steve's Mom:

Matt is still the same. We've not heard from the Neurosurgeon yet about his neck. The Dr's office has received the films but the Dr has not had an opportunity to review them. The shoulder Dr said he will need surgery but they have to get his neck stable and taken care of first. He did tell us that the x-ray (I think-it was either that or the CT) showed Matt to have a punctured lung. One of my friends said today "That boy was spared for a reason-aren't you excited to stick around and see why!?" What a great way to look at it. Thanks April!! Anyway, with Steve's birthday being Saturday, we told Matt and Tammy that if Matt could withstand the ride, they are welcome to come celebrate with us. Matt said he'd like to as long as he feels good. I think it would be awesome. We'll see how the week goes.

Steve's Mom is doing ok. She's no longer trying to elope and we are hoping and praying that the mind games she's been playing are maybe settling down some. I took her a big fleece blanket this evening because she's always complaining that she's cold-this way she can't say she wants to leave because of being cold (and trust me, this has been an excuse before). They said she had a good day today so we're hoping this is the start of a new trend.

I think I'm going to call it a night. The warm milk from the tea has taken effect and I'm drifting off as I type.

G'night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's ok babe, tell everyone on the blog what you got me. I already know and I think it's a great gift...11y

Annette said...

Shel, I haven't had a chance to check in lately. Glad things seem a little more positive with Matt and your MIL. Hope Matt and Tammy are able to visit you this weekend. Ashlynn's and my brother's bday is Saturday as well! What a great day! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!!

Holly said...

you mom in law makes me say, grrrr!