Friday, July 11, 2008

Can I get an amen!?

The week is finally over-can I get an amen!? Praise God for weekends! I am so looking forward to sleeping late in the morning and then just hanging out with my fabulous hubby. I think we are going to venture to Sam's and Target tomorrow, which will be fun. I love when Steve and I run errands together-sounds weird, huh?

I feel like I was productive at work this week and I was able to get caught up for the most part. (What a great feeling that is!) While I was off, we had six rookies start and I feel like I've missed out on bonding with them. Since I do their background investigations, I know what others think about them, but when they start, I like to hang out with them and get to know them on a more personal level. Since I was playing catch up this week I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have liked, but they'll be with us for one more week before they start the Academy, so I have a little more time. Hopefully next week won't be quite as busy for me.

Tanner's been at her Dad's this week. They are leaving tomorrow for a family reunion and then she's going back to KC with Mike's dad for the remainder of the week. When I took her over there on Monday night, I told her we'd see each other once before she left. I called her this morning and asked her if she'd like to go to lunch with me-she thought that was great! She wanted Wendy's so that's where we went. While we were ordering, our friends Holly and Ivy (who is 2 and thinks Tanner ROCKS!) came in. It was great eating lunch not only with my girl, but with good friends as well.

I ended up staying late at work tonight talking. When I went out to get in my truck, I thought my tire looked a little funny, but thought it was maybe just the way I was parked. I got in and drove around the back of the PD and pulled over to double check before I drove away. Thank goodness I did! No folks, I wasn't just parked weird-my tire was going flat. UGH!!! Let me just tell you right here, this is the FIFTH stinking flat tire I've had on my Durango-and it's only three years old!!! I called my best buddy from work and asked him to meet me and look at it. He got the air hose from the PD, filled my tire back up then followed me to Wal-Mart to get it fixed. Come to find out this particular tire has had three plugs in it already so they were unable to plug it again. Once again I say UGH! Oh well though. Could have been worse.

I've got lots to do on the computer tonight so I guess I should get off of here and get started. Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: