Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Tell her I'm sleeping...."

Earlier today, I logged on to check my email. I had an email from my sister in law that said "Hey babe, sorry I called so late....call me tomorrow so we can chat."

I thought "OK, what's she talking about?" I didn't remember talking to her last night. I didn't remember the phone ringing last night. I re-read my message. Yep, I read it correctly-she said she'd called. I checked the caller i.d. on the phone and sure enough she had called last night around 9:30. Even knowing that, I didn't remember the phone ringing or talking to her.

Let me back up and say that last night when we got home from the airport, I took a quick bath and took a migraine pill. Both of us were exhausted, Tanner was at her Dad's, and Steve was dying to lay down in his own bed again so we climbed in bed and watched tv the rest of the night. Mind you, that was 7:00. After playing on the computer for a little bit and talking to my mom, I turned off the lamp, kissed Steve good night and rolled over to sleep. That was at 8:30.

When Steve got up this morning I told him about my sister's email. He had this funny look on his face and said "You don't remember her calling?" I was like "uh, no." He said the phone rang about 9:30 and I reached over, picked it up, looked at the caller i.d. and then handed the phone to him and said "Tell her I'm sleeping."

I don't remember doing that at all. Guess I was a little worn out.

No comments: