We actually took a "family outing" today, believe it or not. Steve was ready to get out of the house and we figured we needed to do a dry run of him getting in and out of the truck, being up and using "Texas Ranger" in public, etc. if we are going to KC on Wednesday. We had a GREAT time. Tanner was with us and was such a help. It was just so nice to do something as a family again. Of course we walked slow and had to take several breaks along the way, in fact, Steve thought he was going to puke/pass out in Target, so I sent him and Tanner to the car while I checked out. I sent my cell phone with her (neither one of them had theirs!) in case she needed to call for help, but they made it just fine. She stayed right with him, holding onto him, helping him in the truck and then putting "Texas Ranger" in the back of the truck. It was too cute.
Today has been one of those days that I don't want to end. This would explain why it's 12:02 a.m. and I'm fighting sleep! It was just so good to see Steve out and about, even though it wasn't always easy or comfortable. It was awesome to see Tanner being so helpful and protective (more than usual!) of Steve and his every move. More than anything though........it was awesome to spend the day together as a family.
I think I'll stop fighting the sleep now and will instead, go to sleep with a smile on my face knowing today was a FAN-TAB-U-LOUS day!
1 comment:
YAY! That's awesome! I'm so glad you all had fun. What progress! Congrats Steve!
Post a Comment