This is what my dear sweet husband said to me when I walked in the door after working all day today. It was really funny. Today while I worked, Tanner and Steve went to Play It Again Sports, Office Depot and Hobby Lobby. While at Hobby Lobby, they picked out a pink scrapbook for Tanner to make a scrapbook of her school years in. How stinking cool is that!
Anyone that knows me well knows I'm so craft challenged that it's not even funny. My husband on the other hand....yea, I think he's a woman trapped in a man's body sometimes. What other man do you know that takes his step-daughter to Hobby Lobby and helps her put together a scrapbook!? When I came home, they had all these stickers and papers and stuff out, putting pages together. It was so cute! And I'm so thankful that Steve isn't afraid to jump in there and help her, since scrap booking is so overwhelming to me! The scrapbook isn't finished yet but what she's done so far is awesome!
After being out in the wind and cool weather most of the day, I was ready to come home and crash. Has anyone ever used a Vicks Shower Soother? Boy those things are awesome! I went in and took a LONG HOT shower with one of the shower soothers. It was heaven, I'm telling you! The rest of the night, I'm not going to do much of anything. I'm sure it will be a miracle if I'm awake at 9:00!
Steve is fixing dinner again. I tried to get him to let me help, but he wouldn't let me. Let me tell you, the man is not only a crafty man, but he's also a wonderful cook! He's making grilled steaks, baked potatoes, garlic green beans and garlic bread. I'm not really all that hungry but it smells wonderful!
I'm not sure what I've done to be spoiled so much lately by Steve. He's always been wonderful, but the last few weeks, he's cooked dinner the majority of the time, he's done the laundry with me and he's helped clean up the house. I love it and could easily get used to him helping so much, although I do feel a little guilty. Sometimes when he's helping out so much I feel like I'm not doing my "motherly" job or something. Steve thinks I'm crazy when I say that. I'm so thankful though to have a husband who WILL help out around the house and will spoil me (and my girl) at the same time.
Just another reason why I'm truly blessed.
3 comments:
Alright guys, please excuse my wife for painting me in such a feminine light. Let me assure all my male friends that I am still, the beer drinking, gun toting, beef eating, big belly, sports talking guy that I’ve always been. I’ve been in-touch with my “she side” for several years. When you have to look and talk to scum bags for the past twenty years, well, sometimes a guy just needs to decorate. Nothing like color coordinating a room or cooking a seven course meal to put your life back into some semblance of order. I love my wife with all my heart, because she loves me for who I am and forgives me for all my faults. I say that with every fiber of my body, as and scratch and belch and then blame it on the dog (If we had a dog)…love ya babe.
I've never tried the soother shower stuff...I'll give it a whirl!
Steve, you're admired by all women! I have a sweet hubby too!
I think the shower soothers work pretty well!
I wish I knew what the switch was that would open Derek's eyes to the fact that stuff does need to be cleaned and picked up, and you should at least be responsible for your own stuff! I'd love to flip that switch!
However, I think it's either something you're born with or something your parents teach you. You know, nature vs. nurture. Derek didn't get any cleaning nurturing! argh! What am I suppose to do about THAT?!
Post a Comment