We had such a fun night tonight. When we first got married, we decided that the Friday nights that Tanner is with us, we'd designate either pizza and movie night or pizza and game night. For some reason or another not too long ago, we got out of that routine and most Friday nights we just layed around and watched tv. Not tonight though. It was pizza and game night for us!
It's been a long, stressfull week at work for me. Tomorrow is our Entry Level Police Officer exam and my division runs that. So we've spent the majority of the last couple of weeks getting ready for that. We've also been finishing up seven background investigations. On top of those two things, we have discovered some major paperwork discrepencies and that's led to a host of other problems. I've lost sleep over work this week and I've shed a few tears as well. I hate that I let work get to me that much. Although there is a lot to do in order to get ready for tomorrow, I really enjoy the whole testing process. That, along with my background investigations are two of my most favorite things about my job. The paperwork discrepencies though-yea, they stress me out. My former partner put me (and our division) in this predicament. He was in charge of the paperwork and didn't do bother to do it. And even though the paperwork was NOT my responsibility, I still think maybe I could/should have done more to prevent this mess. I just pray that the Chief doesn't blame me.
Tanner's pod at school had their 9 week award's assembly today. I felt so bad for Tanner because she should have gotten an award for having no late papers and she didn't. I knew as soon as they handed out the last certificate that she was sitting there panicking and wondering where hers was. Sure enough, she turned around to me (she was in the front row, I was in the back) with tears in her eyes and a look of "help" on her face. It broke my heart-and there was nothing at that time that I could do about it. We talked to her teachers and they were going to check their gradebooks and figure out why Tanner didn't get her award. She has worked so hard all lyear long and has prided herself on the fact that she doesnt' have any late papers. We'll see what the teachers say on Monday and go from there. Like I told her, she may just have to suck it up and go one.
So tonight, we needed to just chill out together and enjoy each other's company and that's just what we did. We had so much fun too. We had pizza and brownies for dinner, then played the game Cadoo. (Get it if you don't have it-it's a great family game!) We laughed and laughed. I won the first game so that meant that Steve and Tanner had to do the "loser dance." Picture this with me: Tanner and Steve standing up facing me, shaking their hips and butt singing "I'm a loser." Then you heard Steve say "pivot" and they'd jump, turn around then shake their butts again singing "I'm a loser." I about pee'd my pants laughing!! The second game, Tanner won, so that meant Steve and I had to dance and she had to pick up the game. Steve and I's dance was not nearly as entertaining as he and Tanner's, but it was still fun. We had a blast tonight. It was just what we all needed.
I'm exhausted and have to get up early in the morning. I should get off of hee and hit the sack. G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment