It has rained so much here the last couple of weeks. It's miserable! The storms came in today around 3:00. Great timing since the kids get out of school at 3:15!! Tanner had cooking class after school so I didn't worry too much about her getting wet while waiting to be picked up (She'd melt you know if she got wet-ha!). She called me though at 4:30 and said they cancelled class early due to tornado watches and flood warnings. She was so disappointed that they didn't get to have more class!
Anyway, as the song goes "the rains came down and the floods came up." Springdale flooded quickly. It was horrible! We had high water everywhere and it was virtually impossible to get around. By 5:00 it was so bad that I couldn't get to the other side of town to pick Tanner up from her Dad's. I ended up leaving her there for the night and was able to make it home, although I went through some pretty high water that I probably shouldn't have. I'm just greatful that Tanner was ok with staying at her Dad's and that she was safe and dry.
Tomorrow it's supposed to be dry but the storms are supposed to start up again Thursday. Yippe.
I'm going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment