MIL went in this morning and had one of her carotid (sp?) arteries cleaned out. The family was never notified that she was having surgery. We didn't find out until I called the nurse's station and asked what kind of a night she had! Yea, we weren't too happy. She's doing well though. I just talked to her nurse and the nurse said she checked on her about 8:00. She said Mom asked her to turn on the tv to American Idol for her. Crazy woman-she loves her American Idol!
We are starting Tanner's second phase of orthodontic treament in two weeks. She is so excited. The kids have really teased her about her teeth this year and she's really, unfortunately, taken it to heart. She'll have screws and a spring system of some sort put in in two weeks and that will help with her jaw issues. The ortho will also expand her jaw a little more so that her airway opens up some more. Her airway is restricted right now due to her jaw issues and the position of the tongue. She will be braces in approx. 4 months and will wear those for about a year or maybe a little more. He said we'll be completely done with treatments in 16-18 months. I CAN'T WAIT!!! When we first started all this in kindergarten, I never thought I'd see this day. The ortho has helped us so much already, I'm excited to see what the end result will be. Yes, it's expensive as all get out, but will be totally worth it when Tanner is finally excited about her teeth!
I'm off to the bath and then to bed. My goal tonight is to be in bed by 9:30. We'll see if that happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment