I'm a little nervous about this whole blogging thing. Reading other people's blogs has been a hobby of mine for awhile now. I've always wondered if I had enough random thoughts to fill a blog. Now I guess we'll see if I do or not.
It's been a somewhat productive weekend. Steve came down with a horrible sinus infection/upper respitory infection and has been in bed since Friday evening. He said Thursday night that he felt like he was getting sick and boy was he right! I called the Dr. Sat. morning and he immediately called him in an antibiotic. He's feeling a little bit better tonight, but still has a long ways to go.
Yesterday I took off at 8:45 and got my much needed errands done. Even though it was rainy and cold outside, it was nice to be out and feel like I was being productive. I went to Sam's, to Target, to Kohl's, to Shoe Carnival and to Pass Your Plate. I had coupons to both Kohl's and Shoe Carnival. Tanner needs a new pair of tennis shoes bad. I thought for sure I could find some at either Kohl's or Shoe Carnival, but no, that wasn't the case. UGH! I hate when I have coupons and can't use them!!! Oh well-I got the rest of the stuff I set out for, so that's what really matters.
Today I went to church. It was awesome. Once a month at our church, we have "Service Sunday." Service Sunday is when we don't have a sermon, but instead do a service project of some sort as a congregation. I love Service Sundays! Today we put together treat bags for 140 Marines who are stationed in Iraq. We also made cards for each of them telling them thank you and encouraging them. It was so neat to be apart of that. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in Iraq (or any other country), far away from your family and your everyday life. I appreciate so much the sacrifices that these men and women make so that my family and I can live in a free world. I was honored to be apart of the service project that we did today.
This week.......................well, let's see. Tomorrow I'm off work thanks to President's Day. Tanner has to go to school and depending on how Steve feels, he may or may not go to work. I think I'll finish up my cleaning and just relax most of the day. Tuesday is somewhat uneventful. Wednesday is dance. Thursday Tanner goes to Mike's. Friday and Saturday will be cleaning days and getting ready for my trip to Florida.
A week from today I will fly to Florida for three days with my Sgt. The PD bought some new training software from a company in Florida so we are going down there to learn how to use it. I'm looking forward to getting away, although I must say that I wish I were going to the beach with my husband instead of my Sgt. Beggers can't be choosers though, so I'll take full advantage of my trip and enjoy it to the fullest.
This week should be very interesting-Tanner should be starting her period any time now. This will only be her second period, but if her hormones are any indication of the impending doom, it should be any day now. God help us all!! She did really good with it last month and I'm sure will be fine this month. I just hate that my baby is growing up. She's such a good girl.
I geuss I'm going to close this and go fix myself some microwave popcorn for a snack. Yummy! Please be patient with me as I try out this whole blogging thing.
Toodles!!
2 comments:
I totally loved Service Sunday today too. I emailed Lisa & told her how much I liked it and how organized it all was. I guess it was her & Britney's thing. They really did a great job!
Yea! So glad to hear your ramblings! I hope I can keep up!
Post a Comment