I'm dead tired and yet can't sleep. I got up at 2:30 and thought if perhaps I sat up for awhile I'd be tired enough to sleep another hour or so before having to get up for the day. We'll see how that goes.
Yesterday morning while getting ready for church, Steve fell in the shower. Scared.me.to.DEATH. I had helped him get out of bed and then went into the living room to finish what I was doing before putting my church clothes on. A few minutes later, I heard what sounded like someone knocking on the wall. I immediately got up and went in the bathroom and could see Steve's hand on the tub. I opened the shower curtain and he was on his knees.
Evidently he had turned around so that the hot water could beat on his back. For some reason or another, he passed out and fell forward, landing on his knees. The fan in the bathroom was on, as was the shower, so he couldn't yell at me-I would have never heard him. So he banged on the wall to try and get my attention.
Thankfully he didn't fall backwards. Also, thankfully he was able to catch himself before hitting his face on the tub or the wall. He hadn't eaten on Saturday. I'm thinking that perhaps that, coupled with the fact that he was in so much pain, is what made him pass out.
It took us five or six minutes to get him out of the tub and back in bed. Needless to say, we didn't go to church. Thank goodness for pain medication, muscle relaxers, ice packs and heating pads! That's the only way we survived the day.
This afternoon we go to the Neurosurgeon and will hopefully get a surgery date. It can't come soon enough. Every morning when I help get Steve out of bed, one of the two of us says "I can't wait to get this over with." It's so true. The sooner the better.
My eyes are getting heavy so I'm going to get off of here and try to get an hour of sleep before it's time to face the day. G'nigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment