I'm sitting here enjoying the cool Saturday morning, enjoying a nice cup of Chai tea and thought I'd update the blog a little bit. I've gotten kind of lazy about writing lately. I love to do it, it's just not been a priority lately. too much stuff going on...and not enough time to really process what I want to write. Thus the long breaks in between posts.
The highlight of this past week was yesterday. Yesterday was Steve's final day at DEA. He's not retired yet; he's just been reassigned to the Evidence/Property Room. He will report Monday morning. He's still in the process of retiring, but has been put on "light duty" by the Chief until he retires. (I didn't know the Chief could put you on light duty without a Dr's note, but I guess she's the Chief and can do what she wants.) He's got his retirement papers all filled out and ready and I'm sure we'll mail those off this week. We will send the paperwork off then wait for LOPFI (his retirement people) to contact us with a date for their Dr to examine him. We'll have to go to Little Rock to see the LOPFI Dr and as soon as he signs off on the retirement, it'll be a done deal. The Chief still has to go before the City Council and get a waiver of the nepotism policy in order for him to be the Evidence Room Custodian as a Civilian. She feels very confident that the City Council will give the waiver and hopefully she's right! Once he retires he'll have to take 30 days off, as LOPFI says you can't retire and go back to work for the PD you retired from, for 30 days. And that's totally fine with us! I've already started a "honey do" list for those 30 days! :) So basically right now, we're just in a holding pattern. I'm not a lover of holding patterns, but I'm learning that sometimes it's out of my control and well, this is one of those times!
I have to brag on my husband and say that I am so incredibly proud of him. He is so respected and loved among our DEA family. They had the big going away lunch last week for him and there were 40 some people that came out to wish him well. Thursday the big boss from Little Rock came up and took him out to lunch and told him "bye." Then yesterday the AUSA (the big Attorney's for this district of Arkansas, based out of Ft. Smith) came up and took us out to lunch. The AUSA's office doesn't do this for the DEA guys normally, but they liked Steve so much, they did it for him and even presented him with an awesome certificate of appreciation. The boss from the Fayetteville office also presented Steve with a beautiful plaque with his dates of service, along with names of all the people Steve's worked with over the years. It was so neat to see how well liked and respected Steve is. He's a hard worker and his hard work paid off and I couldn't be more proud. (I'll post pictures soon)
So far, Tanner really likes all of her classes and is doing well in school. We had open house on Thursday night and I was impressed with all of her teachers. It seems as if they all like what they do-it shows in how they talk about the class and the subject they are teaching. I really think this has potential to be a great year for Tanner. I still can't believe she's a FRESHMAN! Where did the time go!?!
My stomach has not been feeling well lately. Not sure if it's my usual stomach stuff or if it's stress that's causing it or what. I'm scheduled for a check up with my normal GI Dr this week, so I'll talk to him and see what he thinks.
I'm still looking for another job. This week at work was a tough one. I really just want out at this point. I'm trying to get on with the school district, which is difficult to do. If I can't get on with the district I'd love to get back into the medical field, I think. Either way, I just want out-my stress level can't take much more. If you believe in the power of prayer, please pray that something opens up.
I think that pretty much brings us back up to speed on what's been going on in our house the past week. I'll try to do better at writing, I promise.
Enjoy your weekend!
1 comment:
enjoyed the update. i hope you find a less stressful job too!
Post a Comment