Sunday, June 6, 2010

Can I just tell you how happy I am that last week is over??  It was a great week, but a very busy week and I'm so very thankful that weeks like that are few and far between!

Softball is now over.  It was a good season.  The girls won all but one or two of their games.  The last two games were definitely the best games they played all season.  I felt bad for Tanner.  She didn't get a hit all season.  That's not to say she didn't get on base-she walked at least once every game.  For some reason though, she'd get out there to bat and not swing at all!  It was very frustrating!  She would swing and get hits in practice and she'd go to the batting cages with her Dad and hit fine there.  But for whatever reason (I think she was scared) she wouldn't swing in a game.  And let me say this-get the kid on base and she's not afraid to run or to even barrel into someone to try and touch home plate....it was just the hitting this year that flubbed her up. 

Oh well.  She enjoyed playing and had fun, so that's really all that matters right?  I've resigned myself to the fact that Tanner is going to be like me and NOT be an athlete.  And really, most of me is ok with that.  There is a small part of me that always wished she would be, but 14 years into her life-yea, she's not going to be.

School is out tomorrow.  Praise God!  No lunches to pack for two months, no homework for two months, no projects for two months and no real morning traffic for two months!  Woo!! Woo!!  Tanner will spend half of the summer at her Dad's and half with us.  She'll go to Choir Camp for a week in July.  She'll spend a few days at the lake with her Dad's side of the family.  She'll spend a week with my parents at some point.  Most of all, she will just chill out and enjoy the time away from school.

We finally go the remaining piece of Tanner's bedroom set in on Friday.  It's a media chest...and it looks great!  In fact she met me at the truck tonight when I got home (she had just gotten dropped off by her Dad after spending the weekend with him) and said "I love love love my media chest!"  She's in there organizing things now.  I must say..her room looks awesome.  I'm very proud of it and I know she is too.  I'm thankful that we were able to purchase her a set of furniture that she will take with her for life. 

Steve goes tomorrow and gets his stitches out.  Hopefully he'll start his physical therapy this week as well.  We can see just a tad bit of his stitching through the gauze and I must say-it looks pretty icky!  I can't wait to see the whole thing tomorrow when the wrap comes off!

I've got a few more things to do tonight before I can call it a day.  I guess I'd better get busy!

No comments: