Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stream of Thoughts............

Today has been a busy, yet productive day.

Tanner and I started out the day by walking in a 5K/Family Fun "Surviving The Journey" walk. The walk, sponsored by our local Crisis Center, was in honor of suicide victims and those they left behind. One of our Officer's, Andy Ball, had a 14 year old son commit suicide a year ago. Andy's daughter helped organize this event as a way of honoring her brother and reaching out to others.

I wanted Tanner to walk with me because she is the same age Tyler was when he died. Suicide isn't something we talk a lot about but I wanted her to be aware that suicide is a very real thing. The walk itself was so touching. Along the way there were memorial markers showing pictures of suicide victims. At the start/finish line there were three large boards put together for people to write messages to their friend or loved one. They played very solemn music. I don't think there was a dry eye in that park by time we were done!

I know the walk had an impact on Tanner too. She's asked me several times today "We walked in honor of Tyler Ball, right?" Just a few minutes ago, she said "I'm asking you so much because I've been praying for his family all day and I want to make sure I've got the right name." Sweet kid. I love that girl.

The rest of the day was full of errands, house cleaning and baking. This year we are staying here in Arkansas for Easter. Usually we go home to Kansas City and spend it with family. Since our annual family reunion is next weekend, we decided to stay here this year. It seems weird and lonely to be here without the family, but that's ok. We'll make the best of it.

I guess that's all for now..............................................

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

No comments: