Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Forgive and Forget

A girl at work and I were talking today and I'd like your input.

They say you should forgive and forget.

I've heard people (myself including) say they forgive, but DON'T forget.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............

If you forgive, but you don't forget-are you really forgiving in the first place?  In other words, if you don't forget the wrong that made you mad, then have you really forgivin the person that did it in the first place?

Thoughts please..........

2 comments:

karasatter said...

idk shelly...i think you need to forget the hurt or you haven't forgiven...but you can remember the circumstances so you don't find yourself in that position again

mG said...

or... if you've totally "forgotten" does your FORGIVENESS mean anything? The power of forgiveness isn't in forgetting... it's on REMEMBERING and CHOOSING not to treat that person in a way that they deserve (based upon their actions) but in GRACE based upon your forgiveness. Does that mean we're doormats? No. Does it mean that we were forgiven MUCH... and ought to forgive the LITTLE that others do to us? Yep. Read Matthew 18.