Always
Building 429
This song has become a new favorite of mine. Most reading this blog know how crazy the last year of our families lives have been. Here's a quick recap: hubby had major back surgery (06/08), Gpa hospitalized (07/08), My little brother Matt's horrible accident (08/08), Gpa died (8/08), Gma died six weeks to the day after Gpa (09/08), Tanner broke her wrist (10/08), the passing of one of our fellow co-workers (12/08)...this year we've dealt with the crazy Mother in Law, the passing of another co-worker, my best friend Stephanie losing her baby (05/09) and just today another friend/co-worker that had to deliver her baby at 25 1/2 weeks.
I don't list all those things for sympathy, pity or anything else. I list those events because they are events that have changed and affected our lives. Many, many times over the last year, Steve and I have asked "Why is God mad at us?" "What are we doing wrong?" "Why do we have to go through all of this?" There has been more than one occasion when I've laid and cried, literally, out to God..........and to be honest, I've really questioned at times, where God is. There have been times where it's been hard to focus on God and trust that He's there and having a part of things.
When I heard this song for the first time, I was on my way to work. I literally had to pull into a parking lot where I sat and bawled like a baby. It was what I needed to hear at that moment. I call that "God's perfect timing." Anyway, it was one of those mornings where I had a lot on my mind and heart. I was questioning God and wondering if He was still around and if so, why is all this bad stuff happening to people we know and love? I heard this song and I felt as if God was saying "Hey Shelly, even when all faith is gone, God knows our pain and His promise remains.....ALWAYS."
Now I find a lot of comfort in the words of this song. God never said life was going to be easy. He never promised a life without pain and suffering and He certainly didn't say we'd always understand the things that are happening around us. What He did promise us was the strength to persevere even when we don't think we can. He promises to "never leave or forsake" us. He promises to not give us more than we can handle (although I really question His idea of what I can and can't handle!). And just like this song says-no matter where we are in life-no matter what the circumstances are or what life throws your way; no matter how far out of reach God feels to you.....God is right there with you
ALWAYS.
I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty darn cool!
2 comments:
Hey girl, I didn't get to listen to the whole song (will have to try again when 4 other people aren't around!:)), but I think it sounds like an awesome song! So glad God sent it to you just when you needed it! Love you! You're amazing! :)
Hey Shelly, I can't listen to the song. It keeps saying "error" but I feel that way too sometimes! Keep your head up! Love ya!
Post a Comment