Sunday, May 17, 2009

I really should be up cleaning the house and getting ready for my parents to get here tomorrow. Unfortunately though, I feel so very unmotivated! So here I sit.....................

I took Tanner back to PT on Friday and the therapist did some more testing, poking and prodding. After doing one particular test, she thinks it's her MCL that's torn as opposed to her ACL. She had me go ahead and schedule and appt with an Ortho and get that started. From what I've read and from talking to the therapist and another friend, rehab is the treatment course for a torn MCL. Praise God! We can do PT-we don't want to do surgery. She's still pretty sore but is working on her exercises so that's good.

Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed sleeping. I woke up around 8:30 and thought I'd run to Sams and get some errands done while Steve was still in bed. I didn't feel great and had a headache but figured once I got up and around, it'd get better. It didn't. By time I left Sam's I was about to throw up my head hurt so bad. Once I got home, I unloaded only the cold stuff and then took a migraine pill and a nausea pill and went back to bed. That was at 11:30. I slept until 3:30! I woke up, tried to eat and ended up back in bed. I slept until 6:30 this morning! I think it was a combination of not feeling good and of the last couple of weeks stress finally catching up to me. In some ways it felt good to sleep but at the same time I hate that I wasted a day! Oh well. Apparently my body needed to rest.

We didn't go to church today. To be completely honest, I didn't want to. Instead I did my grocery shopping and got started on the laundry. At least I've been a little bit productive! Though I must say-a nap is sounding really good right about now!

My parents are coming down tomorrow and are staying until Wednesday morning. I'm really excited and so are Tanner and Steve. They were originally coming to watch Tanner play softball but now that she's not able to play anymore.....we're going to go and cheer on her team. They are going to hang out on Tuesday while we go to school and work and then will go to Tanner's choir program that night at school.

My Mom's last day of school was Friday and since my Dad still doesn't have a job, they decided to come down and see Tanner's activities. They have never gotten to see her play ball or perform in a school activity before, so this is a real treat-for them and for Tanner!

Ok, Steve just got up to go mow the grass................I suppose I should be productive as well.....later!

1 comment:

JulieAnn said...

It sounds like you needed an easy weekend. Hope you are feeling better.?. That's wonderful that your parents get to come and enjoy some of Tanner's activities. Those are some of the hidden blessings in a tough situation (no job for your dad.)

Love ya!