Sunday, February 1, 2009

Morning Conversation

I woke up feeling rather down today. I think the events of the week have finally hit me. I think, as Steve said yesterday, we've been in "survival mode" the last week. We have been so focused on figuring out how we're going to get our house cleaned up, how to help friends that still don't have power, figuring out when we could get Tanner back home, etc that I've not really allowed myself to be sad about everything. It must have hit me today because like I said, when I woke up I was really sad and just feel down in the dumps.

I wanted to run to Walmart first thing this morning to pick up a few things for our Girl's Night tomorrow night. While I was on that side of town, I ran through Starbucks and used a gift card that I got for Christmas (Thanks Mom and Dad!). I love me some Chai tea from Starbucks-it's a great pick me up! I also got Steve some of his favorite Pike Place coffee.

When I got home and took him his coffee, his response was:

"Damn babe! You are one fine woman!"

I love that man!

(Now it's off to cut and clear trees....and our girl comes home today at 2:00-we can't wait to see her!)

No comments: