I've seen a few blogs that have a "Thankful Thursday" entry, so I thought I'd steal that idea today. On this Thankful Thursday.....I'm thankful for:
*First and foremost, I'm thankful for my GOD who loves me despite me being me. He lifts me up when I'm down and He shows me everyday, in many different ways, that He still reigns.
*My husband who loves me for me. I can be grumpy as all get out or hyper as a little kid; I can cry my eyes out like a baby or scream for joy at the top of my lungs; I can pretty myself all up or I can walk around in my jammy pants with my three day old hair piled on top of my head; Steve loves me for me. I'm so thankful for his never ending, unconditional love. I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but whatever it was-yea, it was worth it. :)
*My sweet, beautiful, healthy Tanner. She is such a blessing and a joy in my life. She can make me laugh like nobody else. She has such a pure, innocent heart. She loves to help other people. She has a heart for God that is just precious. I love watching her grow everyday and am excited to see what God does with her life.
*My parents. Man, growing up, they showed us kids what family is all about. They taught us to stick together through thick and thin. They showed us what unconditional, tough love is. They showed us what a Godly marriage is supposed to be. I'm forever thankful for them.
*My older brother Mike and my sister in law Jenny. Growing up Mike and I weren't close. We were two years apart so as you can imagine, I pestered the snot out of him. Through our adult years though, we've grown closer and I'm so thankful for that. I love that our spouses and our kids get along so well too.
*My younger brother Matt and his wife Tammy. As you know, Matt is a miracle himself. I'm so thankful that he has Tammy by his side through this journey. She takes such wonderful care of him and I know there is no way he'd be where he's at today without her.
*The fall colors that are currently on all the trees. Man, they are just beautiful! This time of year is great here in Arkansas.
*For the upcoming holiday season. It's my favorite time of year. I love the meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love all the family time; all the cooking and baking that goes on; the sights and sounds of Christmas; the candlelight service we go to every year...the list could go on and on.
*The free country that we live in where we can celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. What better place to live than the U.S?
*For the many friends and prayer warriors that have gotten my family through the last couple of months. And for those who continue to lift my family up in prayers even now. It's going to be rough this year without Gma and Gpa, but we'll make it. We have to-that's what they would want us to do. They'll be with us; it's just that they'll be sitting on Jesus's couch holding hands watching instead of on Mom's couch, holding hands watching everything. (Wonder if Gpa will doze off in heaven like he typically does at Mom's? :) )
*For my church family. Our church is small in numbers but BIG in faith.
*For our house. It's nothing fancy, but it's warm and it's safe and it's home.
I'm thankful for a lot more, but I think I'll stop there for today. I'm going to try and do this every Thursday (if I remember-ha!).
Leave me a comment and let me know what your thankful for today.
(And by the way-if you haven't registered with Blogger/Google, you can still leave a comment, just hit anonymous and then leave your name so I know you were here! :))
3 comments:
I think you hit about everything Shelly! I am very thankful for my family, Jeff, my children, my parents and sisters & families.
I'm also very thankful for friends...I LOVE facebook because it has reconnected me to so many people from the past.
There is so much more but we don't want my comment to be like a whole other blog :o)
I’m Thankful Thursday for my Woman who loves my beer belly unconditionally.
I’m Thankful Thursday for my two loving daughters, even though they are girls.
I’m Thankful Thursday for our warm and loving home, even though it peed all over the carpet back in January and we had to get new carpet.
I’m Thankful Thursday for my GMC Yukon, because I didn’t have to pay for it and I don’t pay the gas bill.
I’m Thankful Thursday for the U.S. Government who pays my gas bill.
I’m Thankful Thursday and love my church family, because they are all freaks in their own unique way.
I’m Thankful Thursday for prescription medicine, because I am sick and the pills are working…
And last but not least, I am thankful for Belgium Monks, who produce a mighty fine beer…sp
i love this idea! i'm stealing it from you now!
Post a Comment