Saturday, October 25, 2008

Great Saturday

We have had so much fun today. It's been such a lazy day at our house and it's so nice!

Yesterday after class (I was at our Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Class Thursday and Friday) I picked up T at school and then went home to shower. I'm telling you, 18 out of my 19 drinkers, were smokers yesterday and I smelled like a cigarette-GROSS! After my shower, I put on my jammy pants and got comfortable. Tanner did the same thing. Steve had to work late but by time he got home, Tanner and I were both in our jammies and relaxing in the living room. He decided that since everyone else had their jammy pants on, he'd put his on as well. Gotta love positive peer pressure!

Before we went to bed last night, Steve declared a "jammy war." Tanner and I had NO CLUE what he meant. He said whoever got out of their jammies first all weekend, loses and whoever stays in their jammies the longest wins. My child, being the thinker that she is states "does that mean that we can't take showers or baths?" Funny kid. Steve said we can take showers or baths, but we have to put a pair of jammies back on. Funny man!

I had already told Steve that I thought we'd maybe skip church on Sunday. I know some might frown on this, but I really need a nice, relaxing, quiet weekend AT HOME with my family. No drama, no running errands, no pressure to be somewhere at a certain time.....just time to relax and have some downtime with the fam. We will all have our quiet times tomorrow and God will totally understand, I know. He's just cool that way.

This morning I slept until 9:00! That's late for me. And Steve technically got up before me too, which NEVER happens-yay me! We have to tell Tanner on the weekends what time she can get out of bed or turn on her tv. She is such a morning person that she'll wake up at 6:30 on the weekends just like she does during the week. A few years ago, we started telling her she'd have to stay in bed until a certain time. It's worked and a lot of times if she wakes up early, she knows she can't get up, so she rolls over and goes back to sleep. This morning I vaguely remember Tanner coming in at 8:00 (her time to get up was 8:30) and asking if she could get up and start on her homework. Weird kid! I told her "sure" and rolled over and went back to sleep until I heard Steve get up at 9:00.

Tanner worked on homework all morning and I cleaned house. Steve checked email and just relaxed. After the house work was done, Tanner and I made some sugar cookies while Steve cleaned out some drawers in the bedroom. It was so much fun!! Tanner and I have baked things together before, but we've never done sugar cookies. She had a great time and did the majority of it herself. I enjoyed watching her have fun and seeing how proud of her cookies that she was. I've got pictures and will post them later.

Now we are all eating lunch and are going to take it easy this afternoon. Tanner's finished the first part of her homework and will practice her flute. Steve's watching football and I'm finishing the laundry. Tonight we are all going to decorate the cookies. FUN!

I think I'm going to go take a nap now. YAY weekends!

No comments: