I haven't put a lot of details on here about the struggles lately with Steve's mom. It's been such a struggle with her. Long story short-apparently she had a stroke three weeks ago tomorrow. The stroke affected the part of her brain where speech comes from. She was confused and talking out of her head for awhile and the Dr's said that was from the stroke. She agreed to go to rehab for a few weeks and has been at The Maples for two weeks.
We have had nothing but problems since the moment they wheeled her through the doors. Let me clarify though that the problems haven't been caused by the staff at all-they've been caused by Mom. She doesn't want to be there, she talks out of her head, she's stubborn and bull headed and very manipulating. The staff has wonderful-very encouraging and very supporting of us and our decisions regarding Mom.
Today at 4:00 we meet with the Social Worker at the nursing home (rehab) for a "care plan meeting." We will discuss goals, expectations as far as treatment for Mom, and long term care in case we need that for Mom. We want to talk long term care because eventually (and maybe from here on out, who knows) we will have to think of something long term for her. She can't come live with us and she can't go live with his older sister. Their younger sister is out of the picture.
Anyway, we are also going to see if Mom will give Steve's sister Power of Attorney. This is where we need prayer-Mom hasn't been on her best behavior so to speak, the last few days. We really need/want her to sign the Power of Attorney. At this point, due to past issues, along with her health care now, she really does need someone to have Power of Attorney. We don't want to have to go to court to get it. We really want her to agree to it today and sign it with no problems. I'm afraid that may be wishful thinking on our part.
So we'll see how today goes. I know Steve is very worried and stressed out about all of this, as is his sister and I. Say a prayer for us around 4:00..........I'll update more later.
Love you all!
2 comments:
My prayers are with you. How'd it all go? (I'm sure you'll blog about it but still wanted to ask.)
I tagged you...check out by blog!!
Post a Comment