Today is my man's birthday! He's the big 43 today-can you believe it! 43!! What an old fart, huh? :) Just joking!
Steve used to hate birthdays. Up until two years ago, he totally dreaded birthdays. I mean the man would get so grouchy in the days leading up to his birthday. They never really celebrated birthdays big when he was growing up, which is totally opposite of how I grew up. Birthdays growing up in the Golden household was a big deal-we got to pick the menu for that day, we'd wake up to presents in the morning and maybe even balloons and crepe paper! My Grandparents would come over and have cake and ice cream with. It was a big deal! Incidentally, I thought that's how EVERYONE celebrated. Yea, I was wrong.
Two years ago though, Steve must have realized that he had better start liking birthdays if he was going to be married to me. And so began the time of him actually enjoying being the center of attention for a day! I'm so glad he finally came around!!
So today I made some Sister Schubert Sausage rolls for breakfast. I say "made" lightly. I thawed them out and then put them in the oven-that still counts as made, right? Tanner and I went to her Band Car Wash fundraiser while Steve slept in this morning. When we got home, it was PRESENT time!
By the way, as a side note: I have the hardest time keeping secrets when it comes to presents. I get so dang excited about it, I often times give the person their gift early. I tried to stay up until midnight last night because I wanted to give Steve his present from me at midnight. I had kept it secret all week and it was killing me! Yea, I didn't make it to midnight and he wouldn't open it early. Dang it.
Tanner got her "Stevie" a Houndstooth (a store here) Arkansas Razorback t-shirt and a "Four Fried Chickens and a Coke" Cd. They are a jazz band based out of KC, by the way. Shes also got him one of those cards that plays a song. I'm not sure who liked it more-him or Tanner!
Remember the awesome gift I told you I had earlier? Yea, it went over great. I reserved us two nights at my God Parent's Bed and Breakfast up in Branson. They own a place called Anchor Inn on the Lake (http://www.anchorinnonthelake.com) and it's on the outskirts of Branson, nestled in the trees, right on Tablerock Lake. We are going to stay in the Mediterranean Lighthouse room. I'm so excited because my Aunt (we call our God Parents "Aunt" and "Uncle") is a phenomenal cook so I know the breakfast will be to die for. I don't care if we leave the room-all I want to do is rest and relax. I know after the stress of the last couple of months, this will be great for us to do. I've already arranged for us both to have the days off work and have arranged for Tanner to stay two extra nights at her Dad's. Let me tell you, next Sunday can't come soon enough! :)
Steve wanted Nathan Hot Dogs for his birthday dinner. Weird, huh? Hot dogs. But that's what we had. He grilled hot dogs, we had chips, homemade baked beans and mac and cheese for dinner. Let me tell you, it was yummy! I made Steve a German Chocolate Cake (from box, not homemade) and I made Tanner and I a homemade cherry pie. Scrumptious, let me tell you, scrumptious.
So today has been a good day. We've rested, enjoyed some great family time, and celebrated the blessings in our lives.
Happy Birthday, honey. Hope it was a great one!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Steve-O!! Sounds like you had an awesome day! I'm so glad Shelly taught you to enjoy birthdays! That's how they are aroud here too! What an awesome present! You two DEFINITELY deserve the time away! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! :)
Won't that hot tub be good for Steve's back?
Post a Comment