Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm back at work today and am counting the hours until 5:00! Not really, I've stayed pretty busy and it's helped keep my mind off of things.

Matt had a rough night last night, pain wise. I'm sure that's to be expected. He does have a bladder infection, which wouldn't be a big deal except with his diabetes, that tends to complicate things. They have started him on heavy duty meds and are going to monitor his blood sugars and make sure they don't get out of whack. Physical Therapy came in this morning and with their help, he took a few more steps. PRAISE GOD for that! The radiologist read his x-ray I guess from the weekend and they've found where he has a fracture in his back, which explains why his back is hurting so much. It's one of those things that again, will just take time to heal.

Mom said Gpa looked and seemed to be at peace this morning. They have unhooked everything and he was alert and knew who Mom was. I just got an email from her that said they are fixing to transfer him to Presbyterian Manor, which is a nursing home, right across from where Gma and Gpa live. That will be great for Gma to have him so close. Now we just sit and wait.

I suppose I should get back to work. Actually, maybe I'll go fix my lunch because right now my tummy is a'rumblin.

More later.

No comments: