Here's the latest on Gpa:
He had a "good" day so to speak yesterday. Mom said he was a little more alert, which is a good thing. He knew who people were and didn't talk out of his head. Mom said all the fluid they are putting in him is "pooling" or settling in his arms due to his lack of movement. On Friday a Physical Therapist came in and moved his arms and legs a little bit in order to help move the fluid off. (They are giving him Lasix, but it's not enough) Saturday when the PT came in, Gpa was limp and didn't work with them. I don't know how he did yesterday with PT or if they came in at all. Mom said the lung Dr said they have to get Gpa to eat something. The nutrition that they are putting in him through the pic line isn't enough to sustain him and they've got to "get his insides working again." Mom's gonna make some spaghetti this week, chop it up super fine and see if they can get him to eat it. I guess because he's not doing anything except laying in bed he doesn't have an appetite. Mom did say the Dr's have said his lungs sound a little better but that being said, he did have a slight fever again yesterday. Don't know what that's about.
So that's the update. Mom will call me this morning I'm sure and let me know how he looks after she sees him. This Saturday is my Dad's birthday and I'm thinking about Tanner and I taking a road trip up there to surprise him for his birthday plus to see Gpa again. I'm not sure if I'm ready emotionally to see him again, but we'll just see.
Thanks for the prayers! Please keep them coming.
2 comments:
Wow, what a woman...Try to have fun on your trip babe...11y
Geez, you and your poor family! This is going on so long! Either get busy livin' or get busy diein' right?! These bodies are so frustrating!
Post a Comment