Friday, August 15, 2008

Bad Wife

I'm such a bad wife. Holy cow, until my friend Holly commented tonight and asked about Steve, I've totally neglected updates on him and his recovery from back surgery. Bad wife, bad wife. UGH! Sorry about that.

In the grand scheme of things, compared to where we started nine weeks ago today, he's doing great. He has good days and bad days of course. He goes to PT twice a week and is pleased with how that's going. He's working full time (along with some over time) and is actually working on a special case that requires him to work nights and weekends. As long as he gets up every now and then and doesn't stay in one place too long, he does ok. Heck, he even mowed the lawn three times yesterday and wasn't nearly as sore last night or today as we thought he'd be!! He's not completely pain free by any means, but he's at least improving a little every day. That's the most important thing.

I made a homemade peach cobbler today. It was our monthly ladies night at church and those that know me well, know that baking is a form of therapy for me. Tonight's event at church was scrapbooking. I'm not a scrapbooker by any means (although my husband is-how funny is that!) but I thought it'd be good to have some fellowship with the girls. So I took my peach cobbler and went. It was a good time-and the peach cobbler was a huge hit!

Matt got moved to the rehab floor of the hospital today. That's a blessing! I guess they are going to start the intensive rehab with him tomorrow. He doesn't know how long he'll have to be there; I think it mainly depends on how quickly he progresses. He's still pretty dopey sounding when talking to him and I can't decide if that's the medicine or the head injury. I did get him to chuckle today though. I told him that Steve thinks he should get pink glasses and that made him giggle. Man, it was good to hear!

It was almost one week ago today (to the hour) that we found out about his wreck. I was talking to my sister (in-law) about it earlier tonight. We both agreed that we can remember exactly what we were doing when we got that phone call last week. I still get a sick feeling thinking about it. In some ways it feels like it was MONTHS ago and then in other ways, it feels like it happened just yesterday.

I think I'm going to get off of here and try to get some sleep. Tomorrow Tanner and I are going to clean house and watch a couple of chick flicks. I'd better rest up so I don't fall asleep during the movies!

G'night.

No comments: