This morning instead of reading out my usual devotional book, I went through the Bible and looked for some encouraging verses, which I listed in the previous post.
I just feel so down and discouraged lately. Steve and I had a little "spat" (for lack of a better word) last night, so we kind of did our own seperate thing. He sat in the living room and watched tv while I took the computer in the bedroom and enjoyed some peace and quiet.
I emailed my BFF this big 'ole long email about things and she immediately sent me a text message that said "I'm taking a shower, then calling you!" Bless her heart, she called as she was getting ready to go on a date with her hubby (the lucky dog!). We talked about things and laughed and when I hung up with her, I felt ok, but felt like I still needed a big long cry.
So you know what? I had one! You'd think a good long cry would do a girl some good, wouldn't you? Well guess what-IT DID..................for about five minutes. I just wonder what God is doing sometimes, you know? I wonder why things happen and why other things don't. I know that I'm not supposed to question God, so that's why this morning I felt like I needed to find some encouraging verses telling me that God is in control.
Sorry this has not been a funny, uplifting post. Just didn't have it in my today.
3 comments:
I think you're wrong about, "I know you're not suppose to question God". I think we've certainly been taught that but I honestly think that is wrong. I think God mostly cares that we are talking to him no matter what we are saying or feeling...including our doubts.
I agree. Questioning God is how he grows your faith!
I totally agree with the other two comments! God gave us these questioning minds and by putting these thoughts in our minds, it helps us to better understand what he wants from us. That's how we learn and grow, just as a child learns about the world by asking us questions. I hope you find the answers you're looking for, but you're right, we have to wait and being patient is HARD!
Post a Comment