Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Mom just called me. She said Dad called and said Dr. Rodriguez had been in this afternoon and advised AGAINST doing the procedure tomorrow. He feels like it's a waste of time and energy and said his recommendation is to "Let God's will be done." Dad said Gma is upset, but handling it pretty well. Mom said Dad was doing "surprisingly well." Gma is going to think about it and then a decision will be made. I guess Gpa is so weak now that he can no longer take sips of water or anything else. He told Dad he was thirsty so Dad had to feed him ice chips.

I know this is way selfish of me to say, but today is our wedding anniversary (I'll blog on that later) and I've been praying all day "Please don't let him die today of all days...."

Man this just sucks.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I am so sorry. This is hard to deal with no matter when it is, but it is especially hard to deal with on a "special" day.

I am so glad you had that time a couple months ago in Branson when you could all enjoy being together! (Your Gpa was there, right?) And it was good that you blogged just a few days before all this started about how cute your Grandparents were and how much they loved each other!

I'll keep praying for you!