Monday, July 28, 2008

He just may pull out of it......

Mom just called with the morning Gpa update. Mom said he's doing "good" and "just may pull out of this yet." I guess his white cell count as gone from 600 to 1000 (6000 is normal), they sat him up for a few minutes yesterday, they've got him off his oxygen mask and have put him on the cannula and his oxygen level has stayed at 92% and his lungs sound "pretty good." She said yesterday the biggest thing is that he's talking out of his head. Yesterday he fought World War 2 and thought the date was February 6, 1975. He also I guess, used quite the colorful language (which is so NOT Gpa) when the minister came to visit before church. On the upside-he remembers and knows who everyone is, so that's a plus. They've got him off the morphine and the only thing he's on is his antibiotics. I guess he got "restless" last night so they gave him a sleeping pill and Mom said he's snoring away this morning.

We are trying NOT to get our hopes up, but at the same time, that's really hard! Mom said "It'll be something else if he comes out of this" and then we both agreed, it's definitely a God thing if he pulls out of this! Regardless if he does or not, I'm just so thankful that he's at least having a few good days.

1 comment:

Annette said...

YAY! I'm so glad he's improving. It'd be awesome if he got some more time with all of his family! I'll keep praying! :)