We have made it through day one at home. It's been a good day and a hard day, all at once.
We slept good through the night, despite getting up every four hours for meds. This morning we got Steve in the chair and he felt pretty good. All at once though, he felt nauseated and we got him to the sink just before he threw up. Bless his heart, it was so painful for him. He was shaking so bad afterwards that I had to hold him up so he could wash his hands. Tanner was here at the time and she was worried, while Steve was afraid he scared her.
I did get him to eat a side salad for lunch. After that, he was ready for a nap. He slept all afternoon and I got him up at 4:00 for his medicine. He took medicine and we got him in the chair again. He started feeling light headed and sick again so he went to bed and that's where he's been most of the night.
A couple of people from our church brought us meals today. We are so blessed. I'm so thankful for these wonderful families. It's been nice to not only have the meals but to have people stop by and visit as well. I know Steve enjoys it (even if he's loopy and doesn't really remember much) and I do as well.
I'm sure tomorrow will be better. It's kind of like what my friend Holly said-instead of waiting for a great day, we need to be celebrating the great moments as they come (she didn't really put it that way, but that's what she meant). That's what I'm going to do tomorrow-enjoy the good moments instead of hopeing for an entire good day!
1 comment:
Sorry about the rough day, Shel! I think it is a good idea to celebrate the little triumphs! The good days will come, it'll just be awhile! Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! You're such an awesome friend and really NEED a day at the spa! I was thinking the same thing, that 9 years ago, you were in my wedding! Awww, good times. I miss you bunches! WE HAVE TO PLAN A TIME TO MEET UP!!!!
Post a Comment