Today was busy. I had Entry Level Police Officer interviews all day long. My job was to explain the background investigation process to each applicant and let them know how long the process takes. I'm almost scared to go to sleep because I've said my little speech so much today that I'm afraid I'll say it in my sleep as well. Nonetheless, our interviews went well and the Civil Service Commission certified fifteen candidates out of twenty eight. That's not bad.
Tanner was supposed to have dance tonight but we skipped. I know it's recital time and I know that we aren't supposed to miss any practices right now but my gosh, we needed one night at home. It's been a long, stressful and tiring week. Tanner has softball again tomorrow night and then will be at her Dad's all weekend, so I wanted to spend one night at home with her.
This week is Benchmark testing at school. Why is it that they put so much pressure on the kids to do well on these tests? I'm not saying the kids shouldn't do their best. I just hate the amount of pressure that the schools put on them regarding these particular tests. Tanner about had a meltdown the other day because I told her she'd have to eat breakfast in the car. She thought she wouldn't be able to eat breakfast at all (never mind the fact that I've never sent her to school without breakfast) and that then her tummy would growl, it would interrupt her neighbor and she'd get in trouble! The Asst. Principle had told the kids last week to eat a good breakfast so that their tummy's don't growl and interrupt someone else. I hate the pressure and I know Tanner does too.
I do have to say though, that the teachers in her pod have been wonderful this week. Each day they give the kids a piece of candy and a cute little encouraging note. Tanner has thanked Jesus every night in her prayers about that, so I know she really appreciates the positive reassurance. As a parent, I'm glad to see the teachers giving positive encouragement and not just pressuring them to do well by telling them that they may have two blocks of math or reading next year if they don't do well (this was said last week as well by the Asst. Principle). Tomorrow is the last day of testing then Friday they are partying all day to celebrate a good week. PRAISE GOD!
My girl is so hormonal this week. Oh my gosh. She cries at the drop of the hat and she's so sensitive. Tonight, while brushing her teeth she was crying because the toothpaste made her tongue burn. Huh? It's mint toothpaste! When I put her to bed and tried to talk to her about something, she started crying again. As bad as it sounds, all I could do was laugh at her and explain to her what PMS was and reassure her that it's all going to be ok. She ended up being mad at me and wanted to put herself to bed, so I let her. I went back into her room ten minutes or so later and reassured her again, sang our special song, then rubbed her head until she fell asleep. Poor girl-PMS stinks!
I think I'm going to skip out on Race For The Cure this weekend. Part of me feels bad for doing that, but the other part of me is screaming "YOU NEED TO REST!" These last few days my body just aches from being tired. I really need a day at home to just rest and regroup. I think I'm going to do that on Saturday.
Speaking of being tired.......I'm off to bed. G'night!
No comments:
Post a Comment