This is Roger the Peacock standing at my back door, watching tv with us. Roger has been in the neighborhood for almost two years. When he first showed up, Tanner named him Roger and now that's what the neighbors all call him. He's wild and we have no idea at all where he came from. He LOVES chocolate chip granola bars and will eat them out of Steve's hand a lot of the time. Every evening, Roger comes to the driveway and waits around until someone comes out to give him a granola bar. If we don't come out in what he feels like is a timely manner, he hops the fence and comes to the back door. He will stand there, watching what's going on through the glass door until someone comes out there. He's pretty funny!
People are constantly amazed by him. Earlier in the week, our doorbell rang at 8:00 at night. When I answered it, it was two young boys around the age of 12 or 13. They asked if I knew who lived next door. I told them the house was empty and asked why. One of the boys said "Um, because there's a peacock on the roof." I laughed and said "Yea, that's Roger. He lives here." That boys eyes got so big! It was great!
We love our Roger the Peacock!
1 comment:
That's so cool that you have a peacock running around...how beautiful!
Post a Comment