Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I've started this blog no less than five times and I keep erasing it. Nothing I write sounds good to me, so I type a few lines, the go back and delete everything I just did. I'm not sure what my deal is. I guess in some ways (more than what I like to admit in fact) Interesting.

Last night Tanner had her first softball practice. All I can say is oh my. We are on a new team this year since she moved up a league, which means we get not only a new group of girls, but a new coach as well. I told Steve when we got home that if this coach is as good and as hard core as he presents himself to be, Tanner should be able to walk on to the Lady Razorbacks next year as a 13 year old! Seriously. I like her coach, don't get me wrong. He's coached for ten to twelve years and seems to really know what he's talking about. I think he's going to be great for the girls and will teach them loads of things.

Even though last year was Tanner's first year to play, she proved that she's a natural when it comes to softball. I'm excited to see what this coach can teach her. Although this starts the busiest time of year for our family, I love it. I love watching Tanner play, whether it's in a game or at practice!!

Work is still stressfull. Please keep praying for that situation. I told Steve last night that something or someone's going to have to give. I hate going to work knowing that someone is constantly looking over my shoulder and ready to question everything I do.

The PD's annual awards banquet was Monday afternoon. She received a certificate and a pin for meritorious service. I was so excited for him. I've known for about a month that he was getting the award but obviously, I had to keep it a secret from him. His boss sort of spilled the beans on Friday so all weekend long, I got quizzed on what kind of award he was getting. I stood strong though and resisted the urge to tell hm. I'm so thankful that he was finally recognized for all the hard work that he does on a daily basis. It was neat to see his reaction as they were reading what his boss wrote about him. Way to go baby!

I suppose I should get off of here and finish getting ready. Tanner just got up which means computer time is over and it's time to finish getting dressed, get lunches and breakfast fixed and get us out the door. Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow “She” got an award? I’m so happy for “She.” Too bad they couldn’t name it the “She Award,” because I’m sure “She” would see it as a true honor. You are so blessed to be married to “She” and I’m sure “She” feels the same way. You’ve called me a “girl” over the past several years, which we won’t get into (during this session), but “SHE.” I know your mind is working overtime babe, but let’s watch those Freudian slips. It’s a manhood thang….11y

Holly said...

I totally missed "she". Seriously.