Thursday, March 20, 2008

Vacation Time at Last

We are leaving first thing in the morning for KC and let me tell you, we are so excited! Steve said last night "I'm ready to be like a bunch of geese and get the flock out of here!" I have no idea where he came up with that.

My husband has been great (as always) this week. I think I've only done one load of laundry. He's done the rest. He's not only done the laundry, but he's also folded it and put it away! I swear, sometimes he's such a girl! :) He keeps telling me that he's practicing to be a "stay home dad" or a "housewife" and let me tell you, he'd be good at both! He's even cooked (or at least helped cook) a couple of times this week! I love the man!

Tomorrow night we are going up to my oldest brother's house for dinner. He's cooking burgers and dogs for us and for Mom and Dad. I love when we are all together like that. Mike (my brother) and Steve are two peas in a pod and my sister-in-law and I are also two peas in a pod. Our girls all play great together and my parents just sit back and watch with pride. My mom told Steve at Christmas that having him in the family "just feels right" and she's so correct! When we are at home in KC and all together, it just feels right. I can't wait for the day when we can move up there for good and all be together more often.

I need to get off of here and figure out whats for dinner. We have a frozen pizza we could fix or better yet-tomorrow is payday so we could order a pizza and have it delivered. Hmmm....decisions decisions.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ha...pizza or pizza? Which one? I am so jealous about your "girl" for a husband. I'd like mine to load the dishwasher, notice his own mess and take care of it, and MAYBE cook dinner once in a while. Kiss your man & THANK HIM! I asked Derek to vacuum the other day he said, "Where's the vacuum?" One day he said, "Do we even have a broom?" I wanted to crawl into a hole.