Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Productive Saturday Indeed

What a day today has been at the Parker household. I got up and went to help out with the PD's physical fitness testing. Yea, nothing like standing out in the 30 degree rain/sleet mix keeping up with fifty people's run times! It was an adventure to say the least. I really like PT testing, whether it's our guys doing it or the new hires that are doing it. I think it's so cool to see everyone come together and cheer the people that are falling behind and thinking of quitting. As cold and wet as we all were when it was over, it was a very successful day so that made it worth it.

Once I got home it was time for Spring Cleaning Part 1. Tanner had a list of chores she was working on and Steve and I got busy with ours. He cleaned the living room and the bookshelves in the living room, I got rid of cobwebs, dusted and helped Tanner clean the bathrooms. I fixed a roast for dinner and I also made my first ever two layer cake (a carrott cake nonetheless!). We worked until about five and then decided we were done for the day. We'll work on the closets tomorrow, I'm sure.

Even though we are all a little tired and achy, I love days like this. I like feeling as if I got things accomplished at the end of the day. I don't know, for some reason, it just makes me feel good. Steve is already in bed watching tv and Tanner is in her room reading. Everyone is tired.

Tomorrow is church. YAY! We missed church last week since we were at home in KC. I miss the people at our church. We may have a small church as far as numbers go, but as far as love and hearts go-we have a HUGE church. It's awesome to worship God with such a great group of people. I can't put it into words...I'm just excited that tomorrow is Sunday.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I am so jealous. My husband would moan and groan the entire day and still maybe only work for an hour. MAYBE. I hate having to do it all.