Monday, March 3, 2008

Mean People Suck

Why is it that kids feel like they have to pick on other kids? Why is it that my child gets picked on so much at school? How do parents not know their kids are bullies? Why does it feel like all the school does is put a kid in ISS for a few days, only to be let out a few days later to go back and start again where they left off?

As you can probably tell, I'm a little pissed off. When I picked Tanner up from school today, before she even got across the crosswalk, she was in tears saying she didn't want to go to school anymore and that two kids are "at it again." I turned her around and we went right back in the school to talk to the Asst. Principal-for the third time this year.

Today, the little punk pushed Tanner into the wall in the cafeteria and made her drop her books. This is the same punk kid that cut a little bit of her hair two weeks ago while the teacher had her back to the class. He teases Tanner CONSTANTLY about her teeth and often refers to her as "Beaver." I told her tonight, the next time this little bully touches her at all, shs is to slap the crap out of him. She said she didn't want to get in trouble and I explained to her thats he may get in trouble at school, but NOT at home, as long as she was defending herself. Steve says Tanner will take and take from people until one day she will be pushed enough and then "open up a can of whoop ass" on someone and they won't know what hit them.

Back to the Asst. Principal-the other two times I've talked to him, he has taken care of the situation. Or at least that's what I've thought up until today. Believe it or not, I was somewhat calm while talking to Mr. Loftin, but at the same time, I was very stern and let him know in not so many words, that we, as parents, were SICK and TIRED of these two children picking on Tanner constantly. He tried to assure me that Tanner is not the only child getting picked on by these two kids, but instead of assurance, it pissed me off even more. If she's not the only child, why isn't something else besides ISS being done!!?? He assured Tanner that she's doing the right thing by telling him (even though her "friends" call her a "tattle tale.") and that he will take care of it first thing in the morning. Tanner held her composure well, while I on the other hand cried.

As soon as we walked out of the office, Tanner started bawling again. She and I cried the whole way home. It just makes me so mad to see her so hurt and not be able to make it any better. She is so tender hearted and all she wants to do is be firends with everyone. All I want to do is go to school with her tomorrow and kick some 6th grade butt. Something tells me that might not go over so well though. I guess in the meantime I will trust that the Asst. Principal will take care of it in the morning and then we'll see what happens and go from there.

On the way home, Tanner, crying, said "I just want to talk to my Dad" so she got out her phone and called him. She starts crying even more while talking to him and said "I gotta go" and hung up. She said "He made it even worse!" So we had to have the whole "men are so totally differnt than women" talk and I had to explain to her that it's hard for her dad, who is a MAN, to understand how she, as a GIRL, feels when bullied. Her response was "Stevie gets upset and he's a boy!" It was funny. Oh the lessons you must learn when your young! :)

On a differnt note-my mom and I got to hang out together this morning, just her and I. We never get to do that. Since she spent the night with us last night and wasn't going to Clarksville until around noon, then we ran to Kohl's and the mall together so she could get some warm clothes. She was NOT expecting snow and cold weather, plus she was only planning on staying until tomorrow. So not only did she not have warm clothes, she didn't have enough clothes either! We got her fixed up, ate some lunch and I got her sent on her way. She made it to Clarksville ok and will hopefully be able to make it back up here tomorrow or Wednesday. I sure enjoyed spending time with her this morning. Good times.

I need to go get my girl some dinner started. Tanner is excited because we're having breakfast for dinner. She thinks that is so cool!!! Stay warm!

2 comments:

Annette said...

Awww, poor Tanner (and Mommy). Give her a big hug from me. I so don't want to make it to the jr. high age!!!!

Holly said...

ISS...and back again. It's a constant thing at Derek's school. Teachers have very few, if any, ways they are ALLOWED to reward good behavior. That means there is very little to take away as punishment. And I don't know who's in charge of ISS at Tyson but at Derek's school, it's a really nice old lady. HUH? Exactly!