Can I just say that I've loved getting up early this week, getting ready and having a little bit of "me" time in the morning! I know that sounds wierd, but I've always been a morning person. This week, even though I feel dog tired, I've still been able to get up and around just fine. This morning I've done a load of laundry and I'm about ready to start getting Tanner packed for the weekend. It feels good to be so productive so early in the day.
As most of you know, I had to have a hysterectomy five years ago this month due ongoing medical problems. I also had to have one ovary removed. I've done fine, hormonally since then and haven't had to take any medications. The surgeries ended the majority of the girly problems, so to me, no matter what happens, it was the best money ever spent.
Anyway, I went to the OBGYN last Thursday. I had seen him in Jan. about some problems that I had been having so we scheduled Thursday as a follow up and a yearly exam. He took three tubes of blood and wanted to check all my hormone levels along with my thyroid. He called me yesterday. All my thyroid tests came back good, except for "one ratio." He is going to look into that further to see if we need to treat it now or if we can wait for awhile. My estrogen and testosterone levels were on the low side of normal and weren't "optimal." He said that this is an indication that my one ovary isn't producing like it should be. He is on vacation this week, but is going to "think about how to treat this" and figure out what dosage of hormones I need to take. He's supposed to call me again at the first of the week and we'll talk more then.
Steve took the MIL home yesterday. She decided she didn't want to be in the geripsych unit anymore and since she admitted herself, she could check herself out. On the way home, she and Steve had a come to Jesus meeting and it was explained to her what the consequences would be if she continued to not take care of herself. I hope this works although I'm trying NOT to get my hopes up too much. We'll see how she does. I really hope and pray that she's learned her lesson and that she will step up to the plate and do the right thing. Only time will tell.
We are SO looking forward to going home to KC on Friday. I can't tell you how much we need a break from here. And the fact that Tanner doesn't have school on Monday means we get to stay all day on Sunday and enjoy a nice, relaxing Easter with the family. I can't wait!
Speaking of traveling to KC-I'd better get off of here and get started packing for Tanner. Have a wonderful day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment